April 24, 2017

Courage

Bhavana Project prayer flags
Prayer Flags, Blewett Pass, WA 2005

We are revisiting the first set from October 2005, with the sixth prayer flag made by Chris Dormaier, a yoga teacher from Washington.


Bhavana Project prayer flags

 
Chris shared these words: "It was really interesting for me. At first I was intimidated by the depth of the messages that were already done, and then I realized that that was exactly what I was going to put on mine was the thing I was feeling- FEAR.  We live in such a fear based society right now that we must be vigilant about not letting it get to us.  So Courage is the word I chose.  We must be courageous every day and not worry about what might happen if..."

A bit of history if you are just joining us.  This set of twelve prayer flags began in July 2005.  Each participant chose a personal theme for their flag.  It is the first set created for the Bhavana Project, which is an ongoing community art work intending to share wishes and aspirations with the wider world.  New participants are always welcome!




 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...