March 13, 2017

And So It Begins...



I choose to risk my significance,
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom,
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.
                                                                      - Dawna Markova


Returning to the start of the Bhavana Project, we begin a weekly revisiting of the prayer flags from that initial set.  Tibetan prayer flags have long been inscribed with prayers or invocations for the wind to carry beneficial vibrations across the land. Inspired by this tradition, in 2005 I created The Bhavana Project, an ongoing group work to acknowledge the goodness in our lives.  These flags are intended to cross cultural boundaries.

Bhavana Project prayer flags

 
The first flag I chose to leave blank, other than the pattern on the cloth itself, as a symbol of openness to what will come.  The second flag I embellished the word "Acceptance", ready to drop resistance and receive.  As a note: With later sets, I always create the first flag to get the set going.



Bhavana Project prayer flags


I then invited friends to embellish a flag, and then photograph it. Each participant chose a personal theme.  What a joyful process it became for all of us involved.  Stay tuned as we watch the development of this set of flags.











 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...